HOW IMPORTANT IS IT TO REGULARLY INSPECT YOUR ROOF?
In a word: very. Regular, proper roof inspections can save you major amounts of money. Getting up on your roof on a regular basis helps to detect problems earlier, which allows you to fix them earlier, which prevents them from becoming major problems. A roof inspection doesn’t have to be performed by you, but it should certainly be performed by someone.
Gauging the Importance of Commercial Roof Inspections
Regular roof inspections help to prevent leaks, prevent major repairs, and allow you to make necessary improvements. If you notice a flashing looks inadequate, you can fix it. If you notice debris on your roof that may cause damage, you can remove it before a repair is required. Regular roof inspections allow you to get ahead of the game when it comes to all things roofing. Taking care of these things before they blow up saves you time, money, repair costs, replacement costs on building interior, and saves you major headaches.
How to Execute Your Commercial Roof Inspections
Some key guidlines to planning and executing your commercial roof inspections:
- Perform inspections twice per year – Once before winter and onc
- Develop a plan before you get on the roof – Don’t climb up on the roof and then try to figure out what needs to be done.
- Create a roof sketch – Again, this should be done before you get on your roof. A sketch of the roof that allows you to mark where issues were found is a great asset when trying to fix problems later.
- Write everything down – Things to look for next time, things that need to be repaired, improvements for your process; write it all down so you can get it all done.
- Utilize a professional – Don’t feel up to the task? Hire a professional to inspect and maintain your roof.
Hiring a Professional
Many building owners don’t have time, or the skills, or the desire, or aren’t comfortable performing their own inspections. If that’s you, hire a professional to take it off your plate. We offer annual roof maintenance plans that include inspections. We can alert you to major issues, fix the minor ones, and keep your roof in tip-top shape.